Thanks to everyone who came out to our January meeting!
We started the meeting by sharing some of our favorite quilting tools:
Here are a few of the suggestions to add to your next shopping list:
- Handi-Bobs & Bobbin Buddies - for your thread needs
- Red binding clips - for holding your binding in place as you sew it on
- Mechanical pencils - for drafting awesome modern quilts
- Accuquilt - fast/accurate cutting (can be rented at Ryco)
- Pool noodle - for storing quilts, keep wrinkles out
- Thread Cutter Gizmo - great for chain piecing
- Comic book boards - organizing your fabric
- Quilt Halo - to assist with your FMQ
- Teflon washers - relieve friction in your bobbin casing
- Quilting gloves - for getting a good grip during FMQ
Next, we shared what we came up with for the January Wholecloth Quilt Challenge:
(Lisa's quilt front - above & back - below)
Becky made a wholecloth quilt inspired by the RIMQG's logo!
(Carole Ann's quilt)
Next, we brainstormed some awesome ideas of challenges, demos, workshops, and activities we want to take on in 2014.
Lastly, we shared some beautiful quilts that members recently finished: